Central Houston, Inc.
Downtown is the heartbeat of the city and the region, and its continued health and growth is critical to the success of Houston. This is the guiding principle behind Central Houston, Inc., founded in 1983 by Downtown business leaders to ensure that the center city and Houston’s urban core remain vital and progressive.
Supported by its membership, Central Houston has, for more than three decades, created and implemented remarkable solutions for the complex challenges of our city. Central Houston’s focus is long term and big picture.
The organization actively seeks the ideas and voices of top business leaders and city officials to collectively move from conceptual to tangible.
Our current strategic priorities for the next 3-5 years are:
- Guiding the maximization of the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for civic enhancements related to the North Houston Highway Improvement Project, in active collaboration with our partners and our PLAN Downtown.
- Advancing a re-envisioned regional commuter system and improved multi-model functionality of Downtown’s street grid in the context of advancing technologies.
- Supporting the now established technology and innovation corridor that includes Downtown Launchpad, The Ion and the Texas Medical Center.
- Initiating a three-year plan to recruit new employers to Downtown and improve two-way communications about the benefits and opportunities of being in the Central City.
- Supporting The Way Home campaign to end homelessness.
Theses priorities focus on the image of our city, quality of life, strengthening the economic base and continued collaboration with the City, County, METRO and Downtown stakeholders.